The Benefits of SmartphonesBecause greater functionality is built-in, smartphones can do things much more quickly than their standard mobile phone and PDA precursors.
- Keeping you organised - smartphone handsets can function as personal organisers, with electronic diaries, contact lists, and automatic reminders.
- Flexible working - as with a PDA, you can use your smartphone to take notes, review and edit your appointments, contacts and documents, all while you're on the move.
- Information at your fingertips - more and more services are being made available on smartphones, from access to maps, satnav and directions to television transmissions with news coverage or weather reports to traffic information and scheduling alerts - which means your business can always stay one step ahead of what's going on.
- Never out of touch - you can connect to the internet for e-mail and web access 'on the move', or connect to your computer network to access relevant data, wherever you are, making it easier for remote workers, or a mobile workforce to stay in touch with the business.
- Better information sharing - considerably more data can be received and transmitted via a smartphone, such as large e-mail attachments or data files from websites. Previous mobiles could only manage small e-mails without attachments.
- Greater functionality - many models offer built-in digital cameras with immediate snap and send functionality, so remote workers or offsite staff can instantly photograph and send images or videos of anything from supplier's goods to site inspections or damaged warehouse machinery. Smartphones could offer you a new way of marketing to customers, Multimedia Messaging Services (MMS) lets you include animation, graphics and music in a message.
- Faster communication - web access is quicker than in previously available mobiles, making it easier to access e-mail and information from the Net. Some models and carriers offer an 'always-on' internet access service making connection easier.
- One of the primary functions of a smartphone is connecting to the Internet. If you are in the midst of a debate and can't remember a bit of information, you can look it up instantly on your smartphone. If you see something amusing and want to share it with your friends, you can take a picture and send it immediately to everyone you know or post it to a social networking website. You don't even need a Wi-Fi connection: smartphones can connect to the Internet over the carrier's data network, which functions like a slightly slower wireless connection.
- Most smartphones can also double as a portable media player, although you may need an auxiliary memory card for additional storage. By syncing your phone with your computer, you can transfer your music or video files to your smartphone and play them on the go. Many smartphones have a headphone jack, and some are even capable of connecting to speaker systems, which you can then control remotely. Smartphones can also suggest new music or movies based on your preferences, download new songs, rent videos and organize your songs into playlists. In addition, some smartphone applications let users learn to play instruments, become DJs or create or edit music and movies.
Photo and Video
- Most people do not carry a camera around in their purse or pocket, but they do generally carry their cell phone. A smartphone combines both into one device, allowing you to capture moments that might otherwise have simply passed. Smartphones can take fairly high-quality pictures; they can also record video. You can keep the equivalent of rolls of photos on your phone and show them to your friends whenever you want.
- Whether your smartphone operates on the Apple, Android or Windows Mobile operating system, it can run a plethora of applications, or "apps." These apps can do practically anything from turning your phone into a carpenter's level to showing you a map of the constellations. There are apps for fitness, cooking, organization, finances, news, games, social networking, education -- the list is endless. Apps can help you learn a new language, remember your anniversary, track a package and even start or unlock your car.
Read more : http://www.ehow.com/info_8068722_functions-smartphone.html
My Current Phone
Currently, I just using the android phone, my brand phone is Samsung Young Duos and I also using the Samsung tablet 10.1, I am very satisfied using my current phones because these are many functions that I can use, I buy Samsung Duos since 2012, the price is RM 700 and I have been using the tablet for one years, the price of tablet is RM 2K.
My Dream Smartphone
Apple iPhone has been one of the best selling mobile phones all over the world, 3 reason why I choose iPhone as my dream Smartphone.
- Apple product : This company has a goodwill all around the world. Apple always comes with a futuristic idea and implement it so well that I just fall in love with it. iPhone get more preference when comparedto other phones.
- Application : iPhones have many interests application.
- Status Symbol : iPhone is spreading like a virus all over the world and it has proved that it is better than the rest. After being one of the best selling phones, it is now a status symbol for people, so above all ‘Status Symbol’ is yet another reason for the increasing sales of iPhone.
How To Learn English From Smartphone
Nowadays, everyone has a smartphone. They are great to stay in touch with friends, find your way when you get lost, read the menu for a new restaurant and, of course, shop online! Did you know you can also improve your English with your smartphone? Here are some very useful (and fun) apps for you to download today:
- Dictionary.com – This app is a great way to solve everyday vocabulary mysteries of the English language. For example, what exactly does it mean to flummox? When is it correct to use breath or breathe? This app is particularly useful while you are reading, as you will always have a dictionary at hand.
- Words with Friends – This is a great game that helps you practice your vocabulary and play with your friends. You will each take turns creating words from your available letters, which forces you to get creative! If you spell a word wrong, the game will not accept it, so it’s a great way to work on spelling as well.
- Learn English Grammar – Even though you don’t want to, you know you should practice your grammar! The British Council has created a great app full of activities to improve your English grammar. You also have the option of purchasing more lessons as you improve.
Islamic Da'wah Using SmartphoneNowadays, the medium of da'wah using more smartphone to deliver their messaged. As we seen, many media social like instagram, facebook, twitter,wechat, youtube and blogs use to spread the da'wah.
Hafazan By Smartphone
- In leisure time, we must content the time with hafaz and read the Quran.
- Download and we can use it all day.
- when bored, can memorized the surah in Alquran because can make calm soul
- In this college, all faculty must hafaz the surah. Students easy to use smartphone and carried anywhere because we was download the application.